I had a situation like this.

I told Eudora my email address was [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Even tho I subscribed this address to a list server, it
would not accept postings to the list.  It would only
accept postings if I subscribed the address
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (even tho Eudora knew my address
only as [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The answer? Post.Office had [EMAIL PROTECTED] as
my primary address.  sag.support.net is the mail server.

HTH

best,  paul