Add "width=1" to columns #2 and #3.  Remove the width= parameter from
column #4.  Mind you, a column width of "1" will force line wrapping at
every single word, so you might adjust from 1 to something greater as
needed by your application.

Dave

--

David M. Delbridge
Circa 3000

Cedric Villat wrote:

> I'm messing around the width of a table and can't see to get it right. Let
> me explain what I am trying to do. I have 5 cells in 1 row. The first cell I
> would like to be 20% of the screen space. The middle 3 cells are filled with
> text and will be whatever width the text is (so no width specified). Then I
> want the last cell to just fill in the rest of the screen. What I have now
> is:

> The problem with the above code is that the first cell is MUCH less than 20%
> of the screen. If I take off the 100% width from the last cell, the first
> cell is in fact 20%, but then the middle 3 cells are stretched to fit the
> screen width. Also, I guess you cannot specify % in a <td> since it is not
> reliable. How can I pad the remaining screen space in the last cell? Thanks.
>
> Cedric

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com