In general, the more help that is available to users, the better.  As Matt
said, "try to assume the person on the other end is a drooling idiot and
gear everything to that standard."  That said, just make sure that the link
to this example is easily found but not in the way.  That way, users who
need can easily find it and users who don't need it can easily ignore it.

--
Mosh Teitelbaum
evoch, LLC