Hope this is not OT.  For reasons that I don't know,
I'm always interested in exploring ways to search for
data, especially structured data, effectively and
efficiently.

Various search algothrithms exist and continue to
evolve, to name a few, SLI, which seems powerful and
yet it seems extremely resource-intensive as well.

My view is, for non-gigantic databases, say, just a
few GB, SQL alone is good enough.  And I would say, a
quick search utility like this one, URL,
http://68.32.61.40/DataData/ddSearch.cfm
would do the job (totally reusable, you may use other
database/datasource), but I would appreciate
input/thought(s) on scenarios that this approach is
way more cost-effective than others and vice versa.

I've explored hy-brid search mechnism a bit as well.

Thanks.

Li, Chunshen (Don)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.coolfusion.com