From: Brian Ferrigno [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:26 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Generating a flash file on the fly question

Hello all,

I have a site I am working on that needs to generate
flash files based upon a few criteria entered about
the file in the admin section. The body of the file
will stay the same but I will need a new ending and
loader at the beginning added to the file.

The way things are going to be set up is in the site administration tool the
admin will have the ability to upload a flash file, assign it to one or more
dates/special events (These are cards for anniversaries, birthdays, etc.),
then upload the file to the remote server. Flash will then have to take the
assigned data and prepend and append it to the card.

What I need to know is what technology I need to
accomplish this. Can I do this without having to use
Flash MX to generate the files? Do I need the Data
Connection Kit? I am relatively new to flash and any
help or advice you can give would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com