I've got an Access 97 database that has a lock file that won't go away.  I just
need to delete the database file, as we've migrated the data to MySQL.  The
Access database is no longer being used, and I've deleted the old ODBC dsn
pointing at file.  I've tried the usual bad query against the db.  I've waited
as long as three days for the lock to expire.  I've taken ownership as an
administrator.  I've opened the database and made some nonsense table design
changes, which are accepted.  No luck.  I always get a sharing violation error.
I've even copied a zero length file over top of the old database without it
complaining.  But I can't delete the damn thing and the .LDB file just plain
will not go away.

I'm really trying to avoid rebooting the whole server and I'm not even certain
that will do it.  What about cycling IIS?  I don't want to do that either
unless I was fairly certain that it might do the trick.

Jim

http://www.coolfusion.com