Here's some arguments against using FB4:

 - That horrible XML syntax for building an app.  Have to learn another
language in order to use it.
 - Can't put [as much] logic in the switch file (now XML), like in FB3
 - FB can make it harder to develop an app without proper planning
beforehand

Then there are these three that are foolish, but widespread:

 - it's not supported (neither is Struts)
 - it makes slow apps (a valid argument against FB3, not so with FB4)
 - it's hard to use (there's an initial learning curve, but after that,
everything is easier and faster)

There were a lot of good arguments against FB3, but most of those have been
eliminated with FB4 (including the CFFLUSH problem).  It's not a solution
for everyone, but no framework is.  Best bet: try several out, and then
pick.

I think FB4 provides a very nice balance between ease of use and
functionality.  If you take a look at Benoit Hediard's MVCF framework at
www.benorama.com, you'll see a totally different approach, with an empasis
on enterprise apps (huge scaling, integrated i18n, real n-tier
architecture), much of which is too much overhead for smaller projects.
However, FB4 is extensible enough (via plugins) to allow you to easily
integrate almost any feature you need, without hacking core (including a
CFC-based model layer).

My personal opinion is that FB4 having the same name as FB3 is not a benefit
to FB4, as it has to deal with all the negative press FB3 garnered.  It's a
totally different beast.

Not quite what you were looking for, I'm sure, but hopefully useful none the
less.

cheers,
barneyb

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.756.8080 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351