http://news.com.com/2100-1012-1026181.html?part=dtx&tag=nhl

Some snippets from the article:

"Macromedia plans to update its light-duty Web publishing application,
adding support for the Mac operating system and integrating
controversial antipiracy technology."

"The new version will be the first Macromedia product to use "product
activation," an increasingly common antipiracy technique in which the
installation process for a piece of software ties that copy to a
particular PC configuration."

"Erik Larson, senior product manager for Macromedia, said activation
technology in Contribute 2 will be based on software by Macrovision, the
same company that supplied Intuit. But Macromedia's version will be
heavily customized to allow for installation on two PCs and to be
forgiving of hardware changes.

Larson said use of product activation in other Macromedia products will
be guided by comments from Contribute owners. "We wanted to get a wide
range of feedback about activation," he said. Contribute "spans two sets
of customers, so we thought it would be a good example." "

Interesting...

--
Chris Montgomery
Airtight Web Services   http://www.airtightweb.com