At 9:42 AM 7/17/3, Stacy Young wrote:
> My point was that their current offering is inaccessible to many
> folks to which this solution would be very applicable.

That's true, it's definitely priced to large groups rather than small
groups or individuals. (fwiw, Breeze Presentation and Breeze Training have
been doing very well in sales, and I suspect both might be eclipsed by
Breeze Live, the meeting module... the current model is meeting the needs
of many people, although definitely not all people.)

Last quarter's analyst presentation does mention that we're working on
hosting as well as enterprise licenses, so there's hope for the future...
see slide 25 here:
http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/ir/macr/quarter/presentation/
(Warning: Content here may change on July 23, at the next quarter's report.)

One thing that has been blowing me away is the quality of technical
presentations created in Breeze, for Macromedia User Groups and other
meetings. When these abilities are dispersed to individuals I think the
world will see great benefits. We just need to get the business model in
place first.... ;-)

If you can spare five minutes, then describing what you need to present, to
how many in what situation, and what types of costs you can negotiate with
your client, would be very helpful as a feature request to the Breeze
team... this could increase the odds that the model could be tuned to
include your own situation, thanks:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/index.cgi?6213=28

jd

John Dowdell, Macromedia Developer Support, San Francisco
(Best to reply on-list, to avoid my mighty spam filters!)
Technotes: http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/
Column: http://www.macromedia.com/desdev/jd_forum/
Technical daily diary: http://www.macromedia.com/go/blog_jd

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.