I undertook a project which was partially completed before I became involed.
The project up to that point had been done in a "modified" form of FB2 on
CF5. I ran into large number of problems simply because the code was not a
full FB implementation.  Had it been, a number of things would have been
easier.  However, it was not in the best interests of the project to start
from scratch and rewrite the code in full FB implementation, or some other
archeticture.  So, I had to work with what was there, and follow the FB'ness
of the application as closely as possible.

Looking back on the project, I think it was a good example of where FB was
not well suited.  This was an very complex application (basically rewriting
a desktop app to the web, but in such a way that there was no difference
between the two - either in functionality or interface).  Some of the pages
did so many different things given so many different conditions - the FB
approach hindered the process I think.  I'm sure some would argue that FB is
very good at this type of application (sorry I can't give more details -
NDA), but in my eyes, even had FB2 been implemented correctly, it would have
made debugging and maintenance of the application extremely difficult.

Now that CFMX can support components and most of the object oriented
approach to programming, I'm finding this to be a much better, and more
robust solution. If I can figure out how to simulate events serverside (but
within the CFC framework), I wouldn't see a need for any other language on
the web. On the otherhand, I know FB3 and FB4 have improved significantly,
and may be as robust as applying OOP concepts.

Shawn