From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 4:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: problem with CFFunction return

> >I notice you set stringbalue to
> application[somekey][somekey]etc. Are you sure that key exists?
>
> Yes, because this is tha same code as on the developer's
> machine and and the same database. That is why when we put
> the function directly in the application.cfm it works fine.
> But if use <CFinclude> it got the problem.

So, you are sure the key exists. I'd try this:

Remove the cfsilent. Remove output=false if you added it.

After

<CFSET var stringvalue=application["lg#lgcode#"][pcode][varname]>

Add

<cfoutput>debug, I retried [lg#lgcode#][#pcode#][#varname#].
Here is stringvalue now: #stringvalue#<br>
Here is a dump of application
<cfdump var="#application#"></cfoutput>

Make sure stringvalue equals something inside the function.

===
Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Mindseye, Inc
(www.mindseye.com)
Member of Team Macromedia (http://www.macromedia.com/go/teammacromedia)

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog     : www.camdenfamily.com/morpheus/blog