Dear All

I have a CF template where the user has to enter data in various
fields and then submit.  On certain fields there is a button they
can click on to lookup various tables for control codes.  This
pops up a small browser window using CFGRID to let them update the
table and exit.  I find that if they use this lookup facility a
few times the data is not refreshed and they have to hit refresh
on the browser.

Is there a way of forcing the browser to display fresh data and
not cached data?

Also when they come back from the lookup I want to refresh the
drop down list that reflects the table they just updated.  Can
you do this from a javascript function?

Any thoughts ???

Another question regarding dates and SQL.  I am getting a smalldatetime
field back from a database and displaying it.  It displays the date and
time(which I do not want displayed).  Can I use CF date format functions
in the CFQUERY or do I have to use SQL functions?  If I use string functions
I end up with a string rather than a date which means that the SQL order
is based on text sorting rather than date sorting.

Thanks in advance

Phil Palmer
Engage Technology
Adelaide, Australia