From: Paul Giesenhagen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 5:50 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Stripping out MS Word Characters

We have an issue, and I am hoping someone has dealt with this before.

We are importing over a thousand articles from a MS SQL database into a
MySQL database.  The actual article content has been saved to the MS SQL
Database with Ektron's EWebEditPro in which the editors used MS Word to
write their content and then copy and pasted it into the article editor that
was then saved into MS SQL server.

The problem is all kinds of characters from single quotes to double quotes
and a slew of other characters are converting over to look like chinese
characters.  I need to replace all of those MS Word characters for single
quotes and spaces to raw text.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Paul Giesenhagen