I might also add that a site that provides on-line banking has a variety of needs and
functions

There are information only pages, some of which change often.
There are forms, both secure and nonsecure
There are worksheets/interactive apps/training.
There are flashy ads and offers

There are pages that display secure banking information
There are pages that interact and change secure banking information
There are pages that combine data from multiple incompatible back-end systems.

There are user customization and preference settings

Not all of these need to be handled using the same server technologies.

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/31/03 11:50AM >>>
Tim,

Bill is on the money on his comments. On-line banking requires heavy iron, heavy
security, lot of customization and must be fast and easy to use at the same time.
There will be folks on the list that say ETradeBank uses CF -- however they use CF to
connect directly to java servlets.

Bill is also right when he's pointing you to more java (and .net) based solutions
(Keep in mind, I'm not saying CF could not do the job-- just that security concerns
will demand this product to be more robust and complex than most web applications out
there-- and requiring a more customized solution!). Even on the finantial solution
products I have been involved in -- there has been heavy customization, even on the
off-the-shelf products.

If you want to discuss this off the list please feel free to contact me using the
information below.

Jeremy Brodie
Intelix
an Edgewater Technology Solutions Company

web: http://www.edgewater.com
phone:(703) 815-2500
nasdaq symbol: EDGE

http://www.coolfusion.com