From: Sean A Corfield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 1:54 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFC Addressing

On Saturday, Aug 2, 2003, at 05:59 US/Pacific, Jason Blum wrote:
> Does anyone happen to know whether one's calling template and one's
> CFCs can reside in separate security sandboxes?  For instance, could
> an ISP put all client sites in one default security sandbox with few
> permissions/tags/etc, but then allow them to tie into CFCs in another
> sandbox that does have all permissions.  This would make security,
> availability and code reuse realitic goals!

The security system is per instance, i.e., each CFMX instance has its
own sandbox security. If you had multiple CFMX (for J2EE) instances on
a server, you could define the same shared CFC directory as a custom
tag path in each instance and therefore reuse CFCs across multiple
instances. However, the security applied would be that for each
individual CFMX instance, therefore the same CFCs would be subject to
potentially different security rules in each CFMX instance.

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com