Hey Jochem,

Really appreciate your thoughts on this...

Suppose you do want all of your students to be able to experiment with
CFML.  You want them to learn about SQL perhaps within the confines of
QoQ.  But you know they come and go every year and aren't around long
enough to learn advanced best practices.  SO you do things like enforce
strict tag attributes and have CFAdmin check all locks.

But they're not really ready to write complex stored procedures and
outer joins with nested selects or something.  So, you package these in
custom tags and disable their CFQUERY to prevent them from even trying
it.

CFML is so wonderful because it is so easy to pick up.  But it is
powerful and as the language evolves, it might be helpful to make the
security framework even more flexible to allow a campus ISP to perhaps
host "tiered" contribution groups.  ("If you hang my server, you get
bumped down to the novice group where you can only call custom tags...")

Am trying to think of better examples.  Again, thanks.