I recently install Allaire Forums, and the email notifications seem to be
getting "stuck" in the cfusion/mail/spool directory about once per day.  In
the mail.log file I see "The connection to the mail server timed out".  The
timeout is set to 90 seconds, so I don't know why it would time out.  Once
the mail moves to the /undelivr folder, I use the CFX_RETRY tag to resubmit
the files periodically.

When the file gets moved BACK into the /spool directory, CF seems to lock on
it.  If I try and delete the file, I get a sharing violation.  If I stop and
start CF, CF locks again on that mail file.  If I stop, delete the file, and
restart CF, then the rest of the mail file go through.

Running CF 4.5 on Windows NT 4.... any ideas?

Thanks!

John
www.cornells.com