one quick question - how do you deal with more than one proxy bid?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2003 11:23 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Auction site question

I've written some patent pending auction code and have implemented this in a
few
ways. The basic way is:
1. take a bid and store it
2. Is it a new bid?
    yes, then the winning bid is now the minimum needed for the item.
    no, then look at the previous bid. Does the new bid beat the proxy (i.e.
the
total amount bid on the previous item)?
        yes, then the new bid is the winner and the bid is either 1
increment
over the previous bid or the new bid, whichever is less.
        no, then the old bid is upped to the level of the new bid.
It can get more complicated but the main thing is to map out the business
logic
and the cases before implementing it.

Michael Dinowitz
Finding technical solutions to the problems you didn't know you had yet

> BlankDoes anyone out there know how Ebay's Proxy-Bid functionality works?
> I need to emulate it for a site and I am going NuTz trying to come up with
> fair solution.
>
> Thanks
> -Jack

> Jack L. Poe