they can also be stored under cfusionx/customtags.  This makes them global to the
server and not in your web root.  IIRC , these can't be called as webservices though.
Is this the case?  I ran into this when playing with Flash and remoting stuff.

Doug

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm