Folks,

For some months we have been successfully using a server-side
application for converting PowerPoint slides to JPG images.  We control
this conversion utility using the COM interface in CFMX.

Recently, at varying intervals, the conversion fails and returns a long
JSP error headed with the statement "AutomationException: 0x80004002 -
No such interface supported."  A restart applied to the system will
restore functionality for a day, couple of days, a week - you never know
how long.

We have this setup running on two different server clusters and have
seen the error once on one cluster, more often on the second.

No Windows updates were applied when the trouble started.  Since then,
we have updated the less troublesome conversion server with the latest
Windows updates and the service continues to run.  From that, it would
seem to tell us that the updates don't cause any problems.  But we can't
say definitively that updates have helped resolve the issue either.

Any thoughts why this would run fine for a few months and then start to
generate errors?

Regards,

Dale

Dale Coyner
Communicast, Inc.
"Don't just webcast it, Communicast it!"
(703) 435-8073
www.communicast.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

resources for the community.