had the same issue on one box, but not on another, same exact hardware too.  Wierd.  I
was able to just manually start the server via the services MMC though.  The JRun
webconnector tool thingy said the connector was installed too.  I was taking the CFMX
for J2EE route...which by the way will NOT let you just reinstall.  Got to uninstall
first.

Doug

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com