From: Hal Helms [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 8:02 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Good News: (was RE: Mach II 1.0 )

As far as books go, Discovering CFCs gives a basic intro on OOAD and
CFCs. I teach classes in OOAD with CFCs. But while those are specific to
CFCs, there's a great deal of info on OO on the web and in a great
number of books. It can be confusing assimilating it all, which is one
reason I so strongly encourage CFers to begin the process of learning OO
now rather than wait until a need is apparent. OO is not one of those
things you pick up in 24 hours, no matter what some books may suggest.

Hal Helms
"Java for CF Programmers" class
in Las Vegas, August 18-22
www.halhelms.com