Russel, Dave, et al.,

I'm using 4.51 on NT.

The cookies cannot be in RAM because when I restart the entire server, it
still sends the same cookies.

I used Find to search all local harddrives for any file containing the name
of my cookie, and the only file that came back was User.dmp.  That's a
binary file, but lo and behold, the cookies are in there.

However, that brings me to my next question - what is user.dmp?  Isn't that
a user-sensitive file?  In other words, am I sure that CF is writing to
that file? or is it possible that some service crashed and the machine
wrote to that file everything that was in RAM.

thanks.
jeff

At 01:24 PM 7/22/2000 -0400, Dave Watts wrote:
> > Where does CF store the cookies that are set from a CFHTTP
> > request?
> >
> > No, I don't mean the cookies that CF sets. I mean when CF uses
> > CFHTTP to get a page, where does it store the cookies that are
> > received?
> >
> > They are stored somewhere, because you can stop and start the
> > service and they're still there!
> >
> > it's not in the registry!
> > it's not in any file on the entire machine!
> > it's not in the documentation!
> > there's no answer in the user groups!
> >
> > is this a mystery?
> >
> > where is that little cookie?
>
>If you're using CF 4.5.x, cookies, like the rest of the HTTP response, are
>stored in memory until the page containing the CFHTTP tag is finished. If
>you're using CF 4.0.x on NT, CF uses the Microsoft wininet libraries to
>perform the HTTP request, and I wouldn't be surprised if those libraries
>store the cookies in the same place that they'd be stored if you sat at the
>console and used IE yourself.
>
>Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
>http://www.figleaf.com/
>voice: (202) 797-5496
>fax: (202) 797-5444

!j!

The mark of mediocrity is searching for the precedent.

!jeff! sherwood     Director of BIGWORDS.com Web Site Design / JEDI
                                               BIGWORDS.com worker#2
.r.e.c.o.v.e.r.e.d.n.e.t.s.c.a.p.e.u.s.e.r. . . . 415.543.1400.x300