>It was heartening to see the people of New York City accept the situation
>they encountered with such great aplomb.
>
>You can all be very proud of yourselves!
>
>I know there was a bit of looting but not very much.
>
>Can't have been much CF development for a couple of days however.

Thanks, Peter. No, not much development if you can't even turn on your computer (or
see without candles). But it was interesting to see people be very neighborly in a way
that I don't often see when we do have power -- people were hanging out on their
porches and talking late into the night. And without the streetlights you could really
see the stars.

There was some looting near me, but it was stopped pretty quickly and the police
really seemed on top of things. People were directing traffic at certain intersections
voluntarily. There was one guy who saw he couldn't lock up his store, was afraid of
looters, so he got out his guitar and had an impromptu kumsitz (singalong). About 20
people joined him and a couple of policemen came and joined him as well (according to
my neighbors).

Only in New York City.

Judith