Yes. Don't do this.

=)

If you pass to the display page the forward and back values, and then click forward or
back, how are you going to know what the next next or previous previous values are.

I would instead suggest that on the display page you again do a cfdirectory, and then
grab the previous and next files from the list on each display of the page.

Just my 2 cents (having recently struggled through this very thing)

Jerry Johnson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/20/03 03:06PM >>>
i am using cfdirectory to display some thumbnails. when a thumbnail is
clicked - it then displays the larger version of the image. what i would
like to do is pass a few variables in the link that will allow 2 more links
to appear on the 'larger version' image page. those 2 links would be 'file
before' and 'file after'. so, if you were to click the 'file before' link -
you would see the image that sits in the same dir before the one you are
looking at. if you were to click 'file after' you would see the image that
appears right after the one you are looking at. pretty much your standard
photo-album app but creating everything dynamically using cfdirectory. any
suggestions? thanks.