I'll have to check through my system then. I know for sure that I had a tag or
technique to get the message count in a mailbox.

> Just a quick follow-up:
>
> I asked the cfx_pop3 guys at www.web-architect.co.uk and they said that the
POP3 protocol does not have the ability to determine whether a message is
unread. To count unread messages, we will need to find something that can talk
to the server through through IMAP. I'll look around and if I find anything I'll
post it in case somebody finds it useful :-)