Can anyone suggest what settings in IIS 4 / SP5 could cause problems with
slash-delimited query strings?

We use a well-known CF web hosting service for a client site. To improve visibility
on search engines, we use slash-delimited query strings rather than the standard
name=value pairs, and use the cgi.path_info variable to translate.

Late last week, the server began coughing on the slash-delimited query strings. It
appears that the server believes the slashes indicate folders, and it gives 404 errors
whenever a slash-delimited URL query string is accessed.

We figured they had just installed SP6 or 6A, since members of this list had
variously suggested one or the other may cause such problems. The host, however, says
the server is still using SP5.

The query strings causing problems look like this:

www.greenthumbsup.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/ShowPage/PageID/6

Strangely, once the server throws a 404 on a URL like this, it continues to throw the
same error even if you manually strip the URL back to the default top page (which runs
fine if you access it before going to a page using a slash-delimited query string):

www.greenthumbsup.com/index.cfm

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Gene Kraybill