From: Mike Kear [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 26 August 2003 04:24
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Logging users in with CFC

Tony, to be honest, I'm not sure.  It's just that I haven't seen any
examples of CFCs being used for that functionality, so I wondered why.

It seems that one of the ways to collect all the functionality related
users is to have a users.cfc where you'd have a method called login, one
called listusers, one called updateprofile, one called emailpassword
etc,
and then all the database access, and action related to user access is
in
the one place.   This is what's advocated in other applications about
CFCs,
but I haven't seen login, authentication, updating last login date,
number
of logins etc  - all that user access stuff - gathered into a CFC.

So I wondered if that was because people have always done it without
CFCs
and therefore old habits are at play, or whether there was a logical
reason
not to include this stuff in CFCs, that I wasn't seeing. (Believe me
there's
a LOT about my world that I don't see.  Just ask my wife!)

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks.