I think I know what you are trying to do, and it's simply not possible. You want to be
able to access a variable like a URL variable in a HTML page from within your XSL page.
There is a way to do this in Java's implementation of XSL, but not the flavour that
Cold fusion have given us. I even went to CF_Europe and cornered a guy about it and he
says that MM weren't planning to allow that functionality, and to essentially move on
and find another way :(
But I did, even though it's a bit of a pain.
What I did (this assumes you are using your XSL to render a XML document) was insert a
generic node set under the root node of the doc I was trying to render, like so:

<yourXmlDoc>
...Data

     <!-- Insert immediatley before render -->
     <passedParams>
          <param name="productID">2323221</param>
          <param name="ProductName">Oil Filter</param>
     </passedParams>
</yourXmlDoc>

The values are totally up to you. Since you then know in your XSL that you have a
generic nodeset under the root node of your XML document, you can create hidden
variables in your HTML from these, and then use them like form variables.

Hope this helps your situation :)

Ciaran