From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 10:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: re: Multiple sites...

> Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:33:20 -0400
> From: Mauricio Giraldo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I was just googling around and found this post. I think I have a
> situation where relative paths will not solve the problem. I have an
> app that cannot use relative paths for cfincludes and cannot configure

> a mapping in cfadmin (shared hosting environment). Am I lost?
>
> Why can't I have relative paths? Because the cfinclude template
> attribute is dynamically generated. I have a variable set up in the
> Application.cfm called request.doc_root = "/mysite/". CFM files in
> different subfolders cfinclude othe files in other subfolders based on

> the doc_root variable.
>
> Another issue is that in our shared hosting environment I cannot
> instantiate a CFC that is one level up from the file from where I am
> instantiating.

Who's your host?  Your host should be able to set up a mapping for you
(which should help you with your CFC problem as well).

With CrystalTech, you just have to ask them to set up a mapping and
they'll do it.  (For me, I just had them set up a mapping to my site's
root -- that took care of my needs, because I could use relative paths
based on that mapping)

Scott