Hi,

I have some code that use to work fine under CF5.  However since upgrading
one server to MX I keep getting the following error when trying to use one
particular variable:

    Complex object types cannot be converted to simple values.

The variable holds some details about the URL that a product was selected
from.  An example of the content is :

cat=26&grouping=1&grouptitle=Products&PartID=151&page=1&title=Cooling%20Syst
em&do=action

I have discovered that MX treats this code as a structure.  However I can't
seem to find an easy way to convert this back to a string so that it can be
inserted into a database field (as a string).

I found some details in the MX manual about using the cfml2wddx function to
convert to a string, but this brings back the text with the XML tags in it.

My other problem is that whatever function I use, the code needs to work in
both CF5 and MX

Does anybody have a simple method to convert this to a string type?

Cheers
Mark