From: Wayne, Kurt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 9:23 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Scalability stories, please?

I've just started work in an office whose web site uses ASP to connect to
SQL Server databases.  This company just bought out a firm in NYC which has
been using Cold Fusion to connect to an Oracle database.

I was told that after all the other company's content is absorbed we'll want
to run ASP to connect to Oracle.  However, my new manager asked me privately
about scalability issues...all he's seen is the stuff on Allaire's web site.
We'll eventually be running the site with dual machines (one a mirror)
connecting remotely to the server which contains the Oracle stuff.  We
anticipate hundreds of thousands of hits daily on the combined site.  My
question to you all...how do you think CF will handle the connection to
Oracle with the anticipated traffic.  (My previous CF experience has been
either on company intranets or small company web sites...this will be the
highest volume of hits I've worked with.

Thanks,

Kurt J. Wayne