> Very cool...can you give some high level details in how it works?
> (architecture, advantages over CF's current bridge approach etc)

As you know, to make use of a .NET-based object with any version of CF
requires wrapping that .NET object with COM. In addition with CFMX, you
have to use a Java-COM bridge to talk with the COM wrapper for that
object. As you can imagine, the use of so much middleware causes
integration challenges that result in degraded performance or worse,
the inability to use the .NET object at all.

What we have done is re-implement the CFX API in .NET and then hosted
that inside of a CFX tag implemented as a DLL. This eliminates the need
for COM with ColdFusion prior to CFMX and eliminates the Java-COM
bridge with CFMX. Thus allowing you to develop a CFX tag in any .NET
language including J#, which interestingly enough means that any
Java-based CFX tags can be recompiled in J# with often nothing more
than a change to the import statements.

We believe that Black Knight offers the best way to integrate .NET with
CFML applications today. If you have any other questions let me know.

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.MontaraSoftware.com