From: Neil Peaslee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 10:17 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: substituting variables in a variable

        I am trying to set up a mail system that can grab text from a database and
insert it into a mail message. I also need to customize the text of the
message (e.g. Dear #first_name# evaluates to Dear John). The problem arises
when I insert the mail text variable into the <cfmail> tag. The variables
that are contained in the text message are not evaluated.
<cfmail ..>
        #mail_message#
</cfmail>
This will output "Dear #first_name#, ..."

How do I get the sub variable to be evaluated?

Thanks in advance,
Neil