From: Matt Liotta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 12:38 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Can this be done?

This would be a bad idea for a community implemented UDF. *hint* *hint*

Here is the idea...

Someone writes up a quick UDF shell something like the following.

<cffunction name="getSearchQuery" returntype="string">
        <cfargument name="referer" type="string" required="true">
        <!--- pick out the domain from the referer ---!>
        <cfset var domain = REFind()>
        <cfswitch expression="#UCase(domain)#">
                <cfcase value="GOOGLE.COM">
                        <!--- return the search query --->
                        <cfreturn REFIND()>
                </cfcase>
        <cfswitch>
</cffunction>

Then a bunch of different communities pick a search engine and write
the cfcase for it. Before you know it all the major search engines will
be supported. Anyone interested?

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.