We're thinking about how we do development around here, and I'm wondering
what other folks do. Right now, we have windows share access to the
development server, and we work directly on it. We're thinking that in the
future it might be better to have each developer run the development version
of CFMX (we're still on 5.0 right now), and use Dreamweavers
checkin/checkout functionality to prevent code overwrite.

One of the major drawbacks I see to this is that we have a lot our apps
protected via LDAP on the server. I can "fake" LDAP authentication in all my
apps, but it's going to be extra code that's not currently needed.

So, what do you do? How do you set up your development environment?

Thanks!
-Deanna