This is possibly a dumb question since I'm just setting up an environment now on
Solaris testing out SunONE appserver 7 and CFMX 6.1, but I want to see if I'm
understanding it correctly.

For each instance of the appserver, I need a different virtual web server so it has to
be running on a different port, right? Does that mean each application that I separate
will be accessed on a URL with a port at the end? Or is there a way to run them all
through port 80, but still be separate instances? I can't find any solid documentation
on this from Sun and there's no mention of ports in the CF docs either.

What about if I use JRun 4?

Any insight or pointing in the direction of documentation would be greatly
appreciated! Thanks!

Cathy