>Are you saying you can nested forms?

No, at least not from my experience. I meant that for backwards
compatibility, you would have to make use of multiple forms in the page.
Something like:

<form action="Some.cfm" method="post">
        <input type="text">
        <input type="submit" value="Save">
</form>
<form action="" method="get">
        <input type="submit" value="Close"
                onClick="window.close()">
</form>
<form action="SomeOtherPage.cfm" method="get">
        <input type="submit" value="Cancel">
</form>

To the end user it would appear like a single form since the only input
elements displayed by the second to forms are submit buttons. Since the form
buttons are of the type "Submit" rather than "Button," they are backwards
compatible.

The down side to this method is that you may have to create some invalid
nesting structures to try and lose the white space created by the various
<form> tags, a particularly egregious design/display issue in the various
browsers. Since most of my forms are tabled for layout purposes, I usually
nest the <form> tags in <table> tags, much to the horror of the W3C, I
imagine.

Benjamin S. Rogers
Web Developer, c4.net
voice: (508) 240-0051