> > I'm redoing my CFSCRIPT docs and one of the things I'm adding in are
> > all the
> > 'extra' things you can do with it in CFMX. One such thing is a
> > CFLOCATION using
> > GetPageContext().forward("somefile.cfm")
> > I believe that there was a CFINCLUDE type code as well, but I can't
> > seem to find
> > it. If anyone remembers it, please let me know.
> > Thanks
> >
>You can do an include with getPageContext().include("somefile.cfm").
>However, it is not the same as doing a cfinclude. See a blog entry I
>made on the subject.
>http://devilm.com/archives/000037.html

For that matter, I think it's worth pointing out that cflocation and
GetPageContext().forward("somefile.cfm") are not exactly the same either.
One's a client-side redirect and the other's a server-side redirect. While
the end result is the same, there are some important ramifications to
consider when using each (i.e., the potential for duplicate form data
submissions if the GetPageContext().forward("somefile.cfm") method is used
and the user hits the "Refresh" button). For this reason (and some others),
I have tended to stay away from the .forward() technique unless i have one
back-end script that needs to pass info to another back-end page, or some
other scenario where the user can't interfere.

Regards,
Dave.