From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 4:53 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: ?id=23

All,

I have an application that passes an id value through a hyperlink that
the user clicks on in an e-mail. The id feeds the page and extracts
information and populates the form fields with the user's information.

THE PROBLEM:
If a user is viewing their customized information with their user id=23,
than what would prevent them from view other people's information by editing
the id value to say, id=24?

SOLUTIONS: ???
1) Should I scramble the value in some long string and extract a value from
it? For example for id=23 replace it with id=ei38skdh23skdu83 and pull 23
out of the string?
2) Set a cookie that contains the same id value and if the values don't
match kick them out to some other page?

Any suggestions would be great.

D-