At 21:12 13/09/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>My experience with Wikis has been mixed. We host the Flashcoders Wiki
>(http://chattyfig.figleaf.com/flashcoders-wiki/), which is used by members
>of the Flashcoders list. I think that Wikis work best with relatively small
>groups.

Yes, it did strike me that it would probably have to be run starting with a
very small core of regular, dedicated list members, with the number of
contributors expanded carefully.

>Also, as the number of people on a mailing list grows, the likelihood that
>any one of them will check the archives or the Wiki for an answer before
>posting a question seems to decrease.

Answered questions being posted afresh seems to be a problem whichever way
you cut it. I was just thinking that being able to point these people to a
Wiki page with a good, honed summary of the issue and a list of related
links, would be infinitely preferable to a "search the archives"-type response.

Gyrus
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://norlonto.net/gyrus/dev
PGP key available