At this point I agree. The bottom line will be:
1. people will have the option to receive mail in HTML or text format. (HTML
default)
2. HTML format will be limited to a single bar at bottom of the message with all
of the list controls and a banner ad.
3. text format will have the same but with a 3-4 line text ad instead.
4. The HTML version of the posts will be given a 'higher' send priority than the
text versions.
5. Having mail with an HTML banner will allow us to attract advertisers to
support the lists rather than depending on donations.
6. Money from advertising will be funneled back into HoF features such as paying
authors for content.
7. People can choose what they will, but using the HTML version of the mail and
clicking on a banner they are interested in once in a while will be a great
support to the lists.
8. I appreciate the information and views of the members and will adjust things
over time to make sure that people are (mostly) happy. :)
Thanks