Adam, you can still do a try/catch inside the throw function. By using
writeoutput(excp.message);

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Wayne Lehman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 9:05 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Can I Throw within <cfscript>???

Right. This is one of the fundamental reasons you can't use <cfscript>
that much. If you wrap <Cfthrow> in another function (or use the one
Raymond wrote) the error is actually throw from the throw function, not
where you called the function. So the error will always show the lines
of the throw function, not actually throw was called, like it should. Is
there anyway to change this?

Why oh why do we have try/catch but no throw? It's like we got loops
without a break command.

Adam Wayne Lehman
Web Systems Developer
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Distance Education Division