> There was a thread (actually several) on how to hide URL parameters
> in a link, using "/" as a separator...
>
> the syntax was somethong like:
>     http://www.mydomain.com/mypage.cfm/?A=aaa/&B=bbb/&C=ccc
>
> instead of:
>     http://www.mydomain.com/mypage.cfm?A=aaa&B=bbb&C=ccc
>
> I can't find the threads.
>
> Can anyone sum this up for me, or point me to a thread?
>
> I need to pass a URL parameter which contains another complete URL
> and its parameter list.

There are 2 ways to look at this;
http://www.mydomain.com/mypage.cfm/A=aaa/B=bbb/C=ccc
or
http://www.mydomain.com/mypage.cfm/A/aaa/B/bbb/C/ccc

I prefer the first as it's easier to read, but I think some of the search
engines still have problems

The theory is that the slashes denote either the list separators, or
complete separators with alternate variable name and values

FuseBox uses the second (for the most part), and this makes it less readable
to the viewer

I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you have index.cfm then you theoretically
don't need to use the page name, which makes it look to the viewer that it's
just a directory path

Anyways, how to use it;
check for CGI.Path_Info and CGI.Script_Name, some web servers handle on one,
others on the other, once you've removed the template name, then you can
loop through the list (which is on the end) and take the values off

This is where I prefer the first option as it means that you can use the "="
to specify what is being set to what. If you just uses slashes, then a
little messing around by users can break the site (without error trapping)

I hope this explains it - if not, drop me a line off list and I'll supply
some simple code

Philip Arnold
ASP Multimedia Limited
T: +44 (0)20 8680 1133