Oh, ok.  In that case, I'd go with CFMX in a heartbeat.  I haven't
benched the speed differences between JSP and CFMX 6.1 for simliar
pieces of work (I have more important things to do, like playing Knights
of the Old Republic), but MX is far, far easier to work with and has a
much cleaner development process.  Even if you're familiar with Java, it
makes writing HTML/XML/whatever much easier to follow and read if you're
using CFML.

You can clean up a lot of JSP's syntax by using taglibs to encapsulate
bits of functionality, but you can also import those taglibs into MX and
use them in exactly the same way.

A previous job I had used JSP across almost all of our website, which
was nice and fast, but since our programming and designing wings of the
web team were separate, the designers had daily questions about how to
push their layouts into JSP, since they had no programming background.
Some of this was ameliorated by taglibs, but looking back, it's the
perfect solution for CFMX.

I hope that helps answer your question, Bryan.

- Jim