I believe "time" is a reserved word and can not be used as a variable name.
I could be wrong (and probably am).  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Myers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 5:07 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Oh man i need help

Hah, working on this thing, using cf server 4.0 what am i doing wrong? I've
looked at this like 400,000 times...
here's the simplified version (I cut out all the stuff that has no realtion
to the problem):

<cfoutput>
<Cfset wentthere=0>
<cfset time = now()>
<CFIF   #timeformat(time, "hh:mm:tt")# gt "07:59:AM" and  #timeformat(time,
"hh:mm:tt")# lt "12:01:AM">
<cfset wentthere=1>
</cfif>
</cfoutput>

<cfoutput>
<CFSET time = now()>
<CFIF #timeformat(time, "hh:mm:tt")# gt "12:59:PM" and #timeformat(time,
"hh:mm:tt")# lt "06:00:PM">
<cfset wentthere=1>
</cfif>
</cfoutput>

<cfif wentthere eq 0>
<cfoutput>
#timeformat(time, "hh:mm:tt")#<br>
Sorry, we're closed
</cfoutput>
<cfelse>
<cfoutput>
#timeformat(time, "hh:mm:tt")#<br>
Hey spiffy, we're open
</cfoutput>
</cfif>

ANY possible hint as to why this does not work properly? Why it says I'm
closed when it should be open?

Its the last part of a huge project and I'm going to get hung if it doesnt
work.

Thanks,
Gavin
the body.