        Van: mayo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Verzonden: ma 22/09/2003 14:00
        Aan: CF-Talk
        CC:
        Onderwerp: reindexing a field -- having problems

        I would like to be able to reindex a field. I'm trying to create an admin
        screen that allows uses to reorder items.

        The question is -- how to reindex the field after the user updates the
        table.

        Say the original order is

        10,20,30,40,50

        and the user places 50 in front of 30. The new order

        10,20,29,30,40

        So far no problem. Everything works out nicely

        Now what I would like to do is to reorder the photoOrder so that it once
        again becomes

        10,20,30,40,50.

        The problem is that it becomes

        10-20-50-50-50

        This is driving me crazy.

        The Cold Fusion  is below:

        <cfquery name="reorderPhotos" datasource="">

                SELECT *
                FROM photos
                ORDER BY photoOrder

        </cfquery>

        <cfloop query="reorderPhotos">
                <cfoutput>
                <cfset times10=#reorderPhotos.currentRow#*10>

                <cfquery name="updatePhotos" datasource="">

                        UPDATE photos
                        SET photoOrder =        #times10#
                        WHERE photoOrder = #reorderPhotos.photoOrder#

                </cfquery>
                </cfoutput>
        </cfloop>

        TIA, Gil Midonnet

        *Archives: http://www.OpenITx.com/g/access-l.asp
        *Leave Group: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        *Need Subscription Help? mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        *Terms of Use: http://www.ittoolbox.com/help/termsofuse.htm
        *Copyright (c) ITtoolbox and message author. No redistribution