parsman,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: mohammed jakda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
:
: I have a single checkbox field on a form for a user to
: check or uncheck if they want to subscribe to a newsletter,
: the problem I'am having is that if the user unchecks it, then
: my insert query does not record anything such as no or 0 in
: my Dbase column, whereas as if it is left at the default
: checked it store the value "yes" in the Dbase...
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

just param the form field prior to the insert.

<cfparam name="form.field1" default="0">

<cftransaction>
  <cfquery name="qInsert" datasource="landlord2">
    insert into table1 (Field1)
    values ('#form.Field1#')
  </cfquery>
</cftransaction>