I have 2 datasources, AccessLocal and WeirdRemote, this latter is some
sort of bespoke DB on a Unix box down a leased line somewhere the other
side of London, but I can get at it from CF via ODBC, and for that
matter from Access (on the server) via ODBC.

What I want to do is copy various tables on WeirdRemote into
AccessLocal, basically to get a local copy of various tables on
WeirdRemote, but not all records (so there has to be a query of some
sort).

Now I could do this by doing a query on WeirdRemote in CF and then
looping over it with a load of Inserts into AccessLocal, but this would
be rather complicated, and quite likely very slow.

A better option seems to me to have a set of 'Make table queries' saved
in my AccessLocal datasource and then I simply 'run' them from CF and
the entire thing is then done in the background between WeirdRemote and
AccessLocal, and in fact this can be done manually in Access, but
because of WeirdRemote's licencing setup, only from the server.

How to call the 'make table queries'?  I don't seem to be able to do it
via CFQUERY but I expect this can be done via COM into AccessLocal...
anyone have an example code?

--
Regards;

Richard Meredith-Hardy