I am having a problem with a CFTABLE that I am createing and would like
to know if there is a way to solve the problem with out having to
recreate a new table.

I am trying to make a decision as to what the value of the data in the
column should be.

Based on the value from the control field on the table either the
message  if it is equal to D -->   <strong class='disclaimer'>ITEM
PENDING DELETION<br>NO CHANGES ACCEPTED</strong>  Or otherwise --->
<input type='button' value='edit'
name='edit#ItemID#'> should be displayed.

one of my code attempts is below.

<cfcol header="Edit" align="center" <cfif control EQ 'D'> text="<strong
class='disclaimer'>ITEM PENDING DELETION<br>NO CHANGES
ACCEPTED</strong>" <CFELSE> text="<input type='button'
value='edit' name='edit#ItemID#'>"</cfif>
width="10">

Please assist. Thank You.